Half-day seminar on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Effective communication is the universally important ingredient in working productively with others.
The biggest challenge in the workplace is to effectively influence others, feel heard by others and successfully reduce conflict. Knowing your personality type is a powerful skill for you to understand your personal preferences in a positive way and appreciate the preferences of others that are different from yours. This seminar will introduce you to The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), the most widely used behavioral assessment in the world for helping people understand themselves. The MBTI is a framework and a process that can help you confirm how you like to do things, your strengths and lifestyle. In this program, participants will reflect on their own psychological type and begin integrating that knowledge into their everyday life. You will gain a better understanding as to why others communicate as they do and learn to adjust your own preferences to “speak their language” and build better work relationships.
Leaders at all levels, intact work teams, and individual contributors. This Introductory MBTI Workshop is 4 hours in length. Full day programs provide additional time for team-building and/or leadership development.
Depending on length of workshop, OBJECTIVES may include:
1. Understand you own personality type preferences and the uses of the MBTI.
2. Acquire a basic understanding of type concepts and how they influence our interactions.
3. Learn how you prefer to become energized, take in information and make decisions.
4. Increase your behavioral versatility to be more effective in a wide range of situations.
5. Learn to appreciate, value, and work with all of the sixteen personality types.
6. Obtain skills on how to work through conflict that arises from type differences.
7. Learn the Z model for effective decision-making and problem-solving.
8. Mapping your team: Identifying team strengths and blindspots.
9. Team action planning: Strategies for improving team communications.
10. You as a leader: How Type influences your management style.
Depending on length of workshop, TOPICS may include:
The MBTI Tool: What is personality type?
· History of the Myers-Briggs and its applications
· Benefits of understanding personality type
The building blocks of personality type
· Overview of the four dichotomies
· Effects of each preference in work situations
· Questions to stimulate the use of each function
· What is your TYPE? Best-fit and your MBTI results
The 16 Types-The Spice of Life
· Exploring the 16 types: Strengths and Weaknesses
· You: at your best and potential areas for growth
· The heart of type: Overview of the function pairs
· Strategies for influencing others/communications
Experiencing Type differences
· What to appreciate in all Types
· The Z Problem solving model for decision-making
· Using type differences to improve work communications
· Overcoming challenges when working with different style